Over the last few weeks our lives have been taken over by the COVID-19 virus, I don’t think I have ever received so many messages from so many different people concerning one topic. Who would’ve ever thought that we would be where we are today, waiting to hear how many more people have contracted the virus, has anyone died, getting excited to hear how many have recovered. Tonight everyone in South Africa will be addressed by our President, we are waiting to hear what new restrictions will be put in place, are we heading towards a full lock down, where to from here.
Although there is so much chaos, panic, uncertainty and worry going around, I have decided to look at this whole situation from a different angle, I have decided to look for the positive in this, to see if there is something that I need to learn from this virus. Is the universe trying to say something to me, am I meant to be re-evaluating my life.
I don’t think the universe is only sending this message to me, I believe that the universe is sending us all this message, it’s what we do with the message that really matters. Is the universe saying something to you? Do you need to make a radical shift? Yes, I know the idea of making a radical shift is scary and you are probably getting a chill just thinking about it. But why not embrace the message you are receiving and see where it takes you.
A few points to think about:
- Relationships – this is the time to re-evaluate all the relationships in your life, whether they be friends, family or colleagues. What kind of people do you want in your tribe? Go through all the relationships in your life and decide who belongs in your tribe and who doesn’t. Who feeds your soul, who is always positive, who cares for you as much as you care for them and then who is always negative and toxic, which are the relationships that drain you.
- Family – do you make the time to spend quality time with your family? Or are you so busy being busy that although you are with them you aren’t with them. Does something need to change?
- Career – do you love what you do? Do you wake up each morning excited to go to work? Is it a job or is it your passion your career? You might already be asking yourself this question and although you already know the answer the next step is scary. This is the time to focus, process and then to take action.
- Attitude – what is your attitude like? Do you know that your attitude determines how successful you will be in life? Do you have a positive attitude, always seeing the good in life helping those around you, encouraging those around you or do you have a negative attitude, is there always a problem with everything, nothing that anyone does is good enough, are you a know it all, an attitude where it’s all about you and not about anyone else? Do you like who you are?
- Health – should you make a change in your diet? Do you exercise enough? Are you looking after your body, mind and soul? Is the universe telling you it’s time to start looking after yourself properly?
- Self-care – do you actually care for yourself, are you your own best friend? How much “me time” do you take on average in a week? Do you work from morning till night and press the repeat button each day, each week, each month or each year. When last have you done something that feeds your soul, when last have you taken a quiet walk and just loved being in your own company? Do you just ever BE?
- Gratitude – am I really as grateful as I want to believe I am? Do I practice gratitude every day? And am I always grateful for the same things? Get a gratitude journal and write something you are grateful for in it every day. The key is to write a different thing you are grateful for each day.
- Daily reading – do you take time out to read each day, reading to gain more knowledge whether it be in your field of work or a subject that interests you. To become the master in your field you need to continuously learn, you need to continuously grow. Knowledge is applied power.
- Spirituality – are you spiritually where you want to be? Have you lost your way, just been to busy? How do you find your way back and make time for daily prayer or meditation?
- Social Media Detox – how much time in the day do you spend on social media? Can you go an hour or half an hour without looking at your cellphone? Are you addicted to social media? Is it time to Social Media Detox?
Have a good look in the mirror, answer the above questions honestly and make the shift that you need to make. The only thing in life that is constant is change, maybe its time to embrace the change.
“One reason people resist change is because they focus on what they have to give up, instead of what they have to gain.”Rick Godwin
This is the time to be still, to focus and listen to what the universe is saying to you, what do you hear? Make the shift, the time is now!
Keep smiling, keep shining, keep safe!